Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Netroots Rise Up: Donate to Silbert & Counter Deb's Millions

Well, it appears that Deb Goldberg has given herself another million dollars

If you are a fan of Andrea Silbert's (as I know many of you are) and you haven't donated to her campaign yet, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT. Please donate here.

Andrea is a fabulous candidate and, absent Deb's millions, would be in a great position to win as she'd be able to spend more on TV than any downballot candidate since 1998, except for Gabrieli. More than Cahill or Segel in 02, more than Pines or Slattery in 02. Make no mistake: Andrea has done something that no candidate has ever done before in a downballot campaign. BUT SHE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT NOW MORE THAN EVER TO PUT HER OVER THE TOP.

If each of us donates something, it will make a difference. I'm starting with $100, and if each of us do that, it will make a huge difference. If each of us gave $200, I can't even tell you how much of an impact it would have.

You know, there's really no "netroots" candidate out there other than Deval. But there can be, and now is the time.

Please join me and donate to Andrea's campaign here.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Based on the issues, why shouldn't I vote for Deb? While I don't like supporting big money candidates - and I appreciate the fact that Andrea has built up a solid movement for LG - Deb seems even more right on the issues to me.

BMG had a neat little graph a few months ago that illustrated it, and their post on the NECN mini-debate further made the point. Deb seems to me to be right on more of the issues and - quite frankly - I'm less concerned about other aspects in the LG race, especially considering the fact that if we get Deval in office, he won't be going anywhere soon.

Anyway, this is a legitimate question because I haven't made any firm decisions yet. So if you want to convince me, please do so. I'm especially interested on the issues because, from my research, Andrea has a few positions that bother me.