Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A note from Scott Ferson

This post is cut and pasted from its source over at BlueMassGroup

As I noted in a comment over there, my apologies go out to all for my technical shortcomings here as this thing gets rolling, and I'd like to apologize to Scott for not looking into his background more thoroughly.



A note from Scott Ferson
by: David
[subscribe]
March 29, 2006 at 08:57:04 EST
Scott Ferson, Lt. Gov. candidate Tim Murray's spokesman, sent an email this morning in response to this post and comments, as well as some posts over at MassChange. Here is Mr. Ferson's email, in full.

I find myself the subject of some traffic on your site, and wish to respond. “Hoss” has posted statements questioning my Democratic credentials, and your site has promoted his new blog. I attempted to post my response there, but his site has a filter that responses must be approved by the moderator, presumably “Hoss”. He has chosen not to post my response, but to take a comment out of context and post another attack, so I thought I’d try here.

Christy Mihos was a client of mine, and this should not be breaking news as it has been reported in various publications since 2001. I did not know him when he hired me after he was fired by Jane Swift (Republican). I was asked by a mutual friend who is a Democratic operative if I would be interested in helping, and I agreed. I think he was wrongly fired and the Supreme Court agreed. I wish Democrats at that time had used the opportunity to stand with him in his fight, but that wasn’t the case. He remains a friend, but not a client, and I do not think that his decision to run for Governor as an Independent changes that.

I’ve never been accused of being a Republican. I have been on staff of Senator Kennedy and Chet Atkins, have worked in both presidential campaigns for Dick Gephardt, and Stephen Lynch, John Connolly, and John Rogers have been clients of my firm, as well as Tim Murray. I will confess to voting, and working for, John Anderson in 1980, and I will not apologize for that. I do agree that Tad Devine is a top notch media consultant, as is Steve Murphy whom I know from the Lynch campaign. I will also confirm that the T&G article was not “planted” by the Murray campaign, although I do like the theory that it is part of some grand strategy.

Scott Ferson

David :: A note from Scott Ferson
Tags: Massachusetts, BMG, Vote 9.19.2006, (All Tags) :: Add/Edit Tags on this Post

No comments: